The oxme.info website was created in 2015 from the websites Boombox and Oxcentric, in consultation with local young people.
Oxfordshire County Council Early Intervention Service and Public Health funded the redesign, with support from young people in Oxfordshire Youth Parliament .
The aim of this site is to promote and support youth education, and not merely for academic subjects we learn in school. Topics such as internet safety and after-school clubs on this site will help ensure a self-sufficient future and a sustainable environment for Oxfordshire’s Youth and visiting families. The site simply is a map for young individuals to uncover where they aspire to be in years to come and find out how to get there. By joining activities, finding opportunities or even just by reading the site’s information, you can develop skills to apply in the future. - Kiara Konishi, Work Experience Student oxme.info
If you want to tell us about news, an update, information or anything, you can contact oxme.info at:
Oxfordshire County Council Youth Engagement and Opportunities County Hall 3rd Floor New Road Oxford OX1 1ND
Telephone number: 01865 328460
You can see all the pages on the oxme.info website on our Site Map.
Promote the site
This website oxme.info and its sister site www.activitiesoxfordshire.info are for young people aged up to 19 (25 with learning difficulties and disabilities). There is enhanced information for young people aged 13-19 to support their move from learning to employment.
If you are working with young people in or near Oxfordshire, we are happy to help you promote oxme.info:
- You can link to oxme.info without requesting permission.
- If you would like oxme.info to link to you, please contact us.
- We can provide posters and leaflets for your school or setting.
- We have web buttons, banners (horizontal and vertical), and animated gifs for you to use on your website. We've got more, email us at email@example.com if you'd like a broader choice.
- You can use this promotional article to help write news articles, Facebook posts, and tweets.
Join the team
Oxme.info takes regular work experience students and young volunteers. These roles are open to young people from Oxfordshire only, and may be arranged with your school as your work experience week. In addition, we recruit young people to:
- Test new content and features
- Fill in surveys and answer consultations
- Discuss how to improve the website
If you are interested in getting involved, please fill in the form.
The history of oxme.info
Oxfordshire County Council originally had several different websites for young people in Oxfordshire. These included Spired.com, Connexions Oxfordshire, and Big Voice Oxfordshire. There was also a book called the Oxfordshire Young People's Survival Guide. In 2012 these were combined to create a single website, oxme.info, which was divided into Boombox (for young people aged 8-12) and Oxcentric (for young people aged 13-19, or up to 25 if they have learning difficulties or disabilities (LDD)).
In 2014 as a result of consultations with young people and staff we redesigned the oxme.info websites.
- Combined the two websites into one website for all ages
- Refreshed and improved health information
- Simplified the design
Read the oxme.info you said: we did report from the consultation.
At the same time, content was checked and improved, and old content was retired. If you are looking for content and no longer able to find it, please contact us by clicking on Live Chat on any page or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
On all pages on this site you can click on the Live Chat button during opening hours (10am-4pm Mon-Fri) to chat online to one of the oxme.info chat team. These are workers who can help you find more information about activities, opportunities and services for young people in Oxfordshire. Outside hours you can leave us a message and we will reply to you the next working day.
Web chat is confidential:
- All online chat is recorded.
- We will ask you who you are and where you are calling from, so we can advise you better.
- Chat is always confidential unless you want us to talk to somebody for you, or you are in danger.
You will see our full confidentiality statement whenever you start a chat with us.
Do it online
These services are available from this website:
- Opportunities Search or sign up for the weekly Hot Jobs! email- opportunities suitable for young people aged 16-19 (up to 25 with LDD)
- Activities Search or sign up for the weekly activities email- activities for young people aged 13-19 (up to 25 with LDD)
- Register - tell us your learning destination to update your County Council Record
- Sign up for the National Citizen Service
- Sign up for the monthly oxme.info updates and changes email
Comments and questions
If you have any comments to make about the site or questions about the content you can leave a comment at the bottom of any page. We need to check all comments before they are published, so there will be a delay before your comment is published.
Updates and changes
Please request any updates and changes by filling in the form. Please give as much detail as possible. You will need to know the title of the page that needs updating.
Content on this website is reviewed regularly for currency and relevance and old or unused content is retired. This may include news, old events, participation and consultation reports, information about services that is no longer current, and parts of the website that were not used. If you are looking for content and unable to find it please email email@example.com