Job Clubs provide support with job-seeking. They can help you:
- Improve your CV, interview skills and applications
- Find and apply for jobs, training and apprenticeships
- Think about your future and career choices
Job clubs also provide free use of computers, interviews with workers, and the chance to share tips and experiences with other people seeking work .
Crucial: CHOICES: Earning and Learning sessions for young people not in education, employment and training and those at risk of dropping out run across Oxfordshire in Children & Family Centres. But if you're not able to get to a job club? You can register as a young job-seeker, search opportunities, talk to workers on webchat and sign up for our weekly hot jobs newsletter on this website. You can also visit your local Job Centre+ and ask about support for younger job seekers.
Find your local Job Club
These are some of the Job Clubs running locally. NEET drop ins are for young people aged 16-19 who are not in employment, education or training.
- Abingdon Children and Family Centre (Stratton Way,OX14 3RG) CHOICES Earning and Learning support for young people not in education, employment or training, drop-in Tuesday 1pm-3pm or contact Tricia on email@example.com or 07393 001023 or Debbie Debra.Wyvill@oxfordshire.gov.uk on 07919 298348.
- Unlocking Potential and Back on Track @BYHP 2 Chandos Close, OX16 4TL - times vary, drop in or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- CHOICES Earning and Learning at Banbury Children and Family Centre (New Futures Centre, OX16 0EF) NEET sessions Thursday 12-2pm - contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Banbury Job Centre + can provide support for younger claimants/job-seekers - ask for the under 18 Job Coach
- Employment @ the Berin Centre - Open Monday-Friday by appointment - contact email@example.com or call 01865 341944
- Bicester Children and Family Centre (Launton Road, OX26 6DJ) CHOICES Earning and Learning at the Courtyard Monday 2pm-4pm contact Dinesh Dinesh.Vijayan@Oxfordshire.gov.uk on 07917 534213.
- Bloxham Job Club at Bloxham Baptist Church OX15 4PY, 11am-1pm Friday
- Carterton Job Search Area open daily 9.30am- 4.30pm, in the town hall. Job search area open daily 9.30am-4pm.
- Didcot CHOICES Earning and Learning at Didcot Children and Family Centre (The Vibe, Park Road, OX11 8QX) Wednesdays 1pm-3pm.Contact David Pearce-Jones on 07584481226 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Sabrina Stevenson on 07827947288 or Sabrina.Stevenson@Oxfordshire.gov.uk for more information about the session.
Oxford Central Library Young People's Job Club Thirsday 10am-3pm, appointments available, referral to Back on Track and further support, CHOICES: Earning and Learning and more. Call Fi on 07584 581172, Claire on 07557 082566 or Dave on 07801 621015 or email email@example.com for more information.
Oxford EET support - if you're aged 16-19 and not in employment education or training call Fi on 07584 581172, Claire on 07557 082566 or Dave on 07801 62101
- Crisis Skylight Centre - for anyone homeless or vulnerably housed. Drop in 2-3pm daily to ask about support and training available.
- Oxford Jobcentre Career Hub - For all people who use the services of Job Centre Plus. Job Club: M-F 9am-1pm (10am-1pm on Wednesdays), Group information sessions and 1-2-1 job search: M, Tu, W, F 2-4pm. The Hub also provides an opportunity for a ‘one stop shop’ for our service users. For further information, please contact the Career Hub Co-ordinators: Amy Hawkes firstname.lastname@example.org or Terry Petrie email@example.com
- CHOICES - Earning and Learning Session last Monday of each month at The Red Kite Children's Centre, 99 Southern Road, Thame OX9 2DY. Parents or young people can register right away for support or make appointments by calling local EET Adviser David on 07584 481226 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org - no need to wait for a session.
- CHOICES Earning and Learning - Tuesday 1pm-3pm. Witney Employment Education and Training service - Witney Children and Family Centre (Witan Way, OX28 4YA) Phone: 01865 328730 or Sally on 07393 001026 or David on 07584 481226
Not ready for a job club yet?
If you are aged 16-18 and have difficulties in your life that are making it hard for you to engage with learning, you can register to get help from the EET Support Service, who can help you find learning opportunities and get support to overcome problems in your life.
Crucial: If you have special educational needs, disabilities or a learning difficulty, you may be worried about moving into the world of work. But there are lots of great opportunities in work, training, and more, in supportive groups that help you build skills and confidence. Workers at your local young person's job club can tell you more, or you can register with the EET Support Service.