Why get tested?
- Most people who have Chlamydia don’t notice any symptoms for example research suggests that 50% of men and 70-80% of women don’t get symptoms at all with a Chlamydia infection.
- Chlamydia is the most common sexually transmitted infection (STI) in the UK.
- Untreated Chlamydia can cause permanent damage to the reproductive system which will lead to health problems in later life, including long-lasting severe pain and infertility.
Request a FREE Chlamydia Screening Self-Test Kit
The kits are discreetly wrapped and fit through a standard letterbox. It’s so easy – FREEPOST your sample and get your confidential result by text message.
What does the test involve?
You can be tested at a Sexual Health Clinic in Oxfordshire.
- The test is a self-taken sample. This is a urine sample for men and a self-taken vaginal swab for women.
- All results are handled by the Chlamydia Screening team who inform each person individually of their results.
- All tests are confidential and no other person is informed without permission.
- If your result is positive, the treatment is simple – usually just a single dose of antibiotics which will be available for free.
For further information please visit http://www.sexualhealthoxfordshire.nhs.uk/chlamydia-screening/.