Oxfordshire County Council has a duty to check in with all young people aged 16 and 17 in September, to check that they have received a suitable offer of learning, and offer support if they have not. This is so everyone gets the best learning opportunities, finds out about local opportunities, events and activities, and can get support quickly if they need it.
For most young people, we are updated by your school, college or training provider. But every year we need to contact some people directly, by email, text or sending out a letter. If you've recently received a letter like the one above, and not responded yet, please take a moment to update us:
- If you are in education, training or employment please let us know what you are doing so we can update your records
- If you are not in education, employment or training contact us as soon as possible for information and support.
Ways you can update us:
Whether you've received a letter or not, you can always let us know what you're doing in lots of different ways:
- Online at www.oxme.info/register
- Phone the Opportunities Team on 01865 328460
- Complete the form you received with letter and return it using the Freepost envelope provided
- Text T16, your name, date of birth and what you are currently doing to 07584 581196
- Email your name, date of birth and what you are currently doing to email@example.com
- Tell us via web chat - click on Chat Now or Leave a Message on any page of the website
- Send your name, date of birth and what you are currently doing via Whatsapp on 07554 103345
- Tell us via Facebook message to www.facebook.com/opportunitiesoxfordshire
If you haven't received a letter, but think you should have done (for example, if you have recently moved home, stopped school or changed a course, please let us know your updated details and what you are doing now (or request support if you're not sure) at www.oxme.info/register.