Not in education, employment or training?
All young people aged 16-17 should be in learning this September. If you’re not – don’t panic, there is something out there to suit you.
- Register with us so we know you’re NEET.
- Check our opportunities list & sign up to Hot Jobs.
- Contact learning providers.
- Visit your local CHOICES session.
Having an evening activity is a great way:
- To relax and have some fun after school or college
- Learn new skills
- Meet new people
- Keep you fit and healthy
You can find lots of local activities over on Activities Oxfordshire.
Personal safety when traveling to and from school:
If you're commuting to and from school or college then it's super important to remember your personal safety. To help, we've created a list of oxme top tips on how to stay safe when out and about:
- Go out in a group, and stay in a group
- Look out for your friends
- Make sure someone knows where you are going and when you'll arrive or be back
- Carry a phone
- Know your route
- Avoid risky areas
Coping with school stress:
If you find yourself feeling stressed about going back to school, don’t worry – it’s normal, and there are different things that you can do to help.
- Ensure that you’re getting enough sleep
- Make sure that you have time to relax
- Socialise with people who make you feel more positive
- Take time to do your favourite activities
- Spend some time outside – this can help to boost your mood!
If you find that these do not help, or that you need more support you can visit your school nurse.