Coordinated in the UK by the UK Safer Internet Centre Safer Internet Day sees hundreds of organisations get involved and join a national conversation about using technology responsibly, respectfully, critically and creatively. All across Oxfordshire, schools and groups will be taking part - is yours?
The day offers the opportunity to highlight positive uses of technology and to explore the role we all play in helping to create a better and safer online community. It calls upon young people, parents, carers, teachers, social workers, law enforcement, companies, policymakers, and wider, to join together and help to create a better internet.
Find out more and get involved
Join us in sharing your ideas for how to create a better internet:
- Follow @oxmeinfo on Twitter for a day of tips and ideas on how to make the internet a better place
- Share positive messages online - remember to include the #SaferInternetDay2019 hashtag and tag us in for a retweet
- Check out the @oxmeinfo Instagram for messages of online positivity
- Make friends with Oxme on Facebook for a day of videos about how to make the internet a better place
- Send us your favourite internet animations - and check out ours on all of our social media channels
Tell us your safer internet tips
You can share stories and images about what your Oxfordshire school or setting is doing for Safer Internet Day with us here or online - and we're especially interested to hear your top tips for building a safer internet together.