Abingdon & Witney College is opening their third Gateway Centre, providing supportive and progressive student-led programmes for 16-18 year olds who are not currently in education, employment or training.
Gateway will support you to overcome any personal barriers to learning.
Have you missed out on post-16 education due to illness, caring responsibilities, a course or apprenticeship not working out, or not having found your direction since leaving school?
You can find support and assistance in:
- getting a job – part time or full time
- getting a job that also offers training
- getting a place on a full time course
- getting supported employment
- getting an apprenticeship
You can start and finish at any time. We will create a personalised learning programme that suits you from entry level to level 3 (A level), which may include:
- coaching and mentoring
- confidence and team building
- volunteering and work experience
- cross-college GCSEs
- tutorial/personal & social development
- functional skills
- vocational taster placements
- trips, activities and crafts
- develop interview and work skills
Gateway: Blackbird Leys
Flexible Education for Young People
For more information call: 01235 216269