Summer is here, at last, and it’s time to start planning your summer activities!
During summer there are lots of festivals which take place, many of which are popular with young people, these festivals include: Truck Festival, Cornbury Festival and Rewind Festival. If you’re going to a festival, or thinking about going to one, it’s important to remember your festival safety.
- Stay in groups.
- Plan a meeting point.
- Know the risks of alcohol and drugs.
- Find out where the medical centres are on your arrival.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Don’t leave your drinks unattended.
- Know where you can get contraception – this can usually be found in the medical centre.
- Have fun and enjoy yourself!
OPA Play and Activity Days
Over the summer Oxfordshire Play Association are running lots of Play and Activity Days around Oxfordshire, these are great fun for all the family and FREE! They will be taking place on the following dates:
- 22nd June, Didcot.
- 29th June, Blackbird Leys.
- 13th July, South Abingdon.
- 27th July, Dalton Barracks.
More dates are being added, so make sure you keep your eyes peeled over on our events page.
Take action: Why not take up a new hobby to enjoy over the summer? You can find lots of local clubs, groups and activities over on Activities Oxfordshire.
Still looking for more summer fun? These local organisations are running lots of different shows and activities that you might want to do!
- The Old Fire Station.
- Berks, Bucks and Oxon Wildlife Trust.
- Oxon Arts.
- Oxford Museums such as, The Ashmolean Museum, Pitt Rivers Museum and Museum of the History of Science.
Summer jobs and opportunities
Finding a summer job is a great opportunity, it is your chance to earn money, learn skills and become more independent, plus it’s something to add to your CV! You can find more information about summer work over on our ‘Seeking a summer job’ page.
Volunteering is another great way to gain some valuable experience, meet new people and give back to your community.
Take action: Find local opportunities right here!
This short video offers some more advice on how to stay safe whist having fun in the sun.