We want to use Young Carers Awareness Day to get everyone talking about the thousands of carers who are so often unidentified, and who miss out on vital services and support they are entitled to. We aim to communicate who young carers are, what they do and what they have missed out on in their childhoods as a result of their caring role.
Oxfordshire Young Carers Takeover
Oxfordshire County Council will be raising awareness and celebrating young carers across our County:
We'll be staging a Takeover of Oxfordshire County Council's Twitter and Facebook Page for the Day, showcasing Young Carers' experiences.
We have worked jointly with Spurgeons Young Carers Service to create a Young Carers Awareness Pack that will include:
- A Young Carers Awareness day wristband with the Twitter hashtag #youngcareraware
- Spurgeons Flyer about support and services for young carers in Oxfordshire
- Young Carers information sheet on how to get involved with the day locally.
If you would like a pack please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ways you can get involved:
- Wear the Young Carers wristband or better give it to someone who might not know about Young Carers!
- Log onto Spurgeons' Twitter and OCC's Twitter to make a Young Carer Pledge.
- Test your knowledge about Young Carers through our Young Carers Aware Course.
More from Carers Trust
The Carers Trust website has lots of information about Young Carers Awareness Day, and you can download YCAD posters.
They will also be on Twitter throughout the day.