We support young people aged 16-18 (up to 25 with learning difficulties or disabilities) who are not in employment education or training (NEET), or who are at risk of dropping out of learning. Young people in Oxfordshire who have dropped out, or who are NEET, often find that January is a great time to re-enter learning. Whether you are interested in January start courses, apprenticeships, or something else, we can provide Information and Guidance to find the right learning destination for you. And you can get started throughout the Christmas season. here's how:
Open all hours
If you send us messages or emails over Christmas it will take a little longer to respond. But we we aim to reply to all messages from NEET young people and their supporters as quickly as possible, and at the most within 10-14 working days
Open every working day
You can chat to us most week days over the Christmas season from 10am-4pm - just click on the chat button. For Bank Holidays, evenings and weekends, you can leave a message and we will respond the next working day.
Choices earning and learning sessions run every week in your local Children & Family Centre. These are drop in sessions open to any young person aged 16-18 (up to 25 with learning difficulties and disabilities) and you can just turn up - you don't need to make an appointment. You can download the regular CHOICES timetable here, which also gives the contact details for local EET worker, if you would prefer to call or email.
Over Christmas, some CHOICES sessions will not run. You are always fine to go to a session in another town, if you like.
This list is of all the sessions running over Christmas and New Year.
Week before Christmas - all CHOICES sessions running except Abingdon & Witney
- Monday 16th Dec – Choices Bicester 2pm to 4pm
- Tuesday 17th Dec – Choices postponed for Abingdon & Witney, please use Didcot on 18/12/19 1pm to 3pm or City, Oxford Westgate Library 19/12/19 from 11am to 2pm. Alternatively please contact your local EET caseworker Abingdon, Tricia Duncan email@example.com 07393 001023, Witney, Sally Stafford firstname.lastname@example.org 07393001026.
- Wednesday 18th – Choices Didcot 1pm to 3pm
- Thursday 19th – Choices City, Westgate Library 11am to 2pm & Choices Banbury 12pm to 2pm
Christmas Week - most CHOICES sessions not running
- Monday 23rd – Choices Bicester 2pm to 4pm
- Tuesday 24th – Choices postponed for Abingdon & Witney, please contact your local EET caseworker Abingdon, Tricia Duncan email@example.com 07393 001023, Witney, Sally Stafford firstname.lastname@example.org 07393001026.
- Wednesday 25th – Bank Holiday - no sessions
- Thursday 26th – Bank Holiday - no sessions
Christmas to New Year - all CHOICES sessions running except Didcot
- Monday 30th – Choices Bicester 2pm to 4pm
- Tuesday 31st – Choices Abingdon 1pm to 3pm, Choices Witney 1pm to 3pm
- Wednesday 1st – Bank Holiday - no sessions
- Thursday 2nd – Choices City, Westgate Library 11am to 3pm, Choices Banbury 12pm to 2pm
A great time of the year for new starts!
Though it may seem strange, it's quite common to be looking for education, employment or training at this time of year. Holidays and time with your family make space to think and plan. People often review their life and make changes and resolutions for the better at this time of year. If this is you, we're here to help!