Although this half-term will be different, there are still plenty of ways that you can fun and make the most of your break!
Awesome activity ideas:
You may be unable to spend your half-term like you usually would, but there are still plenty of ways to have fun and relax. You could:
- Visit a local outdoor attraction
- Have regular, virtual catch-ups with friends or family members
- Find a local half-term club or workshop to join
- Try something new - there are lots of online courses or tutorials to try
- Create a new board-game or quiz to play with your household
- Have a socially distanced catch-up with friends
- Have some Halloween fun - you could go pumpkin picking, watch Halloween movies or do some Halloween themed baking!
Don't forget - before making plans it's important to check the Covid-19 alert in your local area.
If you have plans to be out and about this half-term, it's important that you know how to keep yourself safe. These simple safety tips can help you out.
- Plan your journey and stick to plan - don't forget your mask if you're using public transport
- Tell somebody where you're going and when you'll be back
- Carry a mobile
- Keep your distance from others (2 meters when possible)
- Wear your mask
Half-term is a time for you to take a break and relax. But the pressure to spend it right, worries about plans or the frustration about the things that you cannot do right now might get you down. If you are struggling with your mental wellbeing, there are some simple steps that you can take to help yourself.
- Make sure you get some fresh air and exercise
- Stay connected with loved ones
- Get the right amount of sleep
- Speak your worries or concerns through with somebody you trust
- Use these 5-Ways to Wellbeing to help boost your mood.