Earlier this year, the Children’s Trust Board wanted to hear the views of children and young people in Oxfordshire, about how supported they feel by the services they use. These services included schools, youth clubs and health services.
In total, 64 young people completed the survey.
- 46 young people (72%) agreed or strongly agreed that they know who to speak to if in need of support
- 40 young people (63%) agreed or strongly agreed that they feel listened to and believed
- 41 young people (64%) agreed or strongly agreed that they have access to information in a way which best suits them
- 42 young people (66%) agreed or strongly agreed that they have inspiring role models
- 40 young people (63%) agreed or strongly agreed that when they talk to staff they feel they are experienced and caring
Messages made by participants
Some of comments made by the children and young people who took part in the questionnaire:
- “I am supported in all my lessons at school and that helps me keep control of my behaviour.”
- “Youth club is fun and i enjoy going to it.”
- “Teachers help us when we’re upset or angry or hurt.”
- “We’ve had people talk to us about how to manage life etc.”
- "Teachers are very kind and supportive and school is so fun.”