Taking care of your mental wellbeing is important, especially during the festive season. Here are some tips on taking care of your mental wellbeing and information on where support can be found.
Take care of your wellbeing:
If you begin to feel yourself getting stressed, there are things that you can do to help:
- Take time out to relax and do the things that you enjoy
- If spending time with your friends or family starts to get too much, take time for ‘me’ time.
- Remember that Christmas is about more than just gifts, something that’s homemade or personal can mean just as much.
Find out more: Young Mind offer further advice on how to support a friend who’s struggling with their mental health.
How can I support someone who is struggling?
Knowing what to do when somebody you know is struggling can be difficult:
- Don’t force them to talk
- Keep inviting them to hang out
- Offer reassurance and kind words
- Let them know you’re there for them.
If you’re finding it too hard to cope this Christmas, don’t forget that support is always available: