This years Mental Health Awareness Week theme is 'Nature', focusing on the benefits that it can have on our mental wellbeing.
How can nature support my mental wellbeing?
Spending time outside and with nature can really help our mental wellbeing, including:
- Boosting our mood
- Helping us to clear our head
- Reducing our worries
- Reducing our stresses.
Find out more about how nature can benefit our mental wellbeing from Mind.
Nature and lockdown:
The Mental Health Foundation carried out some research on the mental health impacts of the pandemic and identified that going for walks outside was one of our top coping methods. The research also found out that 45% of us found being in green spaces was important for our mental wellbeing.
How can I get involved with Mental Health Awareness Week?
- Spend some time outside enjoying nature
- Take some pictures of nature in your local area and share on social media
- Get involved on social media by using these two hashtags #ConnectWithNature #MentalHealthAwarenessWeek
- Go on a socially distanced walk with a friend and check in on their wellbeing.