What is important to you?
- Express your views to local councillors.
- You can find out more about how politicians take tough decisions on budgets and savings, following rigorous debate and public consultation.
- See the results of the Find Your Voice project, which involved more than 400 young people in 2015.
- Be there for the launch of a new Youth Forum for Oxfordshire.
18th November 2016: Outline Programme
9.45am Welcome - Find Your Voice short films
10.00 – 10.30am Meet the Councillors!
- Come with your questions for the leading local councillors.
- What made them become councillors? What’s the toughest bit of the job?
- Can they really make a difference to their communities?
- Give them your views – they’ll also ask about what’s important to you.
10.45 – 11.30am Have your say on the Big Issues!
- Be a councillor for the morning – take a seat in the Council Chamber.
- Use the e-voting buttons to let us have your views on how the council organises its services.
- What priority services should we protect? Where might savings be made?
- What should the Council be doing for young people?
11.45am – 12.30pm Break Out Session – Open Space format
Visit a table to contribute to a discussion on a particular topic which interests you.
12.45 – 1.30pm Lunch
1.45 – 3.00pm Launch of new Youth Forum for Oxfordshire
Would you like to join a forum of young people to be consulted by Oxfordshire’s councils, health and emergency services to tell them what’s important to young people?
Suitable for 14-18 year olds.
Email to book a place: Jacqui.firstname.lastname@example.org
County Hall, New Road, Oxford, OX1 1ND
Friday 18th November 2016: 9.45am – 3.00pm
Fore more information, download the flyer.