Knowing how to keep ourselves safe it always important, but even more so when the days get shorter, nights get longer and the weather gets colder.
Before heading out anywhere, it's a good idea to check the weather forecast so that you know what the weather will be like, and how you can dress to stay warm and dry.
Know how to keep yourself safe whilst out and about.
- Make sure somebody knows where you're going and when you'll be back
- Plan your route, using well lit, busy streets and avoid alleys or short cuts
- Carry a phone and make sure it's charged
- If you feel concerned, phone an adult you trust.
Wearing a face covering and keeping your distance can also help keep you safe and well.
It's always important to take care of your mental wellbeing, especially during the winter when the weather gets colder and the days become shorter.
- Stay connected with loved ones
- Talk your worries or concerns through with somebody you trust
- Stay as active as you can
- Get the right amount of sleep and healthy food.
Reach out for support:
If things become too much, it's okay - support is always available: