Know that the lockdown restrictions have been eased for a little while it’s the perfect time to get up, get out, try something new and have fun.
So, what are the benefits of taking part in activities?
Not only does taking part in activities you the opportunity to meet new people, make new friends, and have fun, it also:
- Helps to boost your mood
- Supports your mental wellbeing
- Helps keep you fit and healthy
- Allows you to try something new
- Supports your studies
- Gives you the opportunity to make new memories – something we’ve all missed recently!
There are quite a few different ways that you can search for activities locally, including:
- Activities Oxfordshire
- Oxfordshire County Council's music service
- Asking at your place of learning if they run any activities programmes such as the DofE, NCS or Princes Trust
Here are two local awesome activities that you might want to try:
- OxOn Arts Youth Theatre workshops (for those aged 11-17)
- Film Oxford’s Destination youth project (for those aged 16-25)