If you're a young person living in Oxfordshire (aged between 13-25) Oxfordshire Discovery College want to hear from you! They want to know what your experience of lockdown and the pandemic is, through a creative way.
What can I create?
There are lots of different way that you can express your experience of lockdown visually. You could:
- Produce a painting
- Create a sculpture or collage
- Take photographs
- Do some sketching
- Write a journal, song lyrics, poem or even letters!
- Create a short story
Is there any theme that I should focus on?
There is no theme that you should stick to but if you're stuck for ideas you could focus on:
- You mental health
- What you, your family or housemates are doing to pass the time
- Your thoughts on how it's affecting the planet or community
- Things you're noticing about where you live
How do I submit my work?
You can send your work digitally by scanning or taking a photo of your work and sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Youth in Lockdown' in the subject. You could also send it by post to Elmore, 213 Barns Road, Oxford, OX4 3UT. Make sure to put 'FAO Discovery College: Youth in Lockdown‘ on the envelope. Please note: If you send in your work through the post it may take some extra time to be received.
What information must I include with my submission?
- Your age
- Roughly where in the county you live (i.e. Abingdon)
- Any information that you'd like to about your artwork.