As the Summer Holiday approaches, many of us are busy planning for our Summer Holidays, with days getting longer and hotter, many will find the time to get some exercise outdoors and be with friends.
However, with this time spent outdoors and the warm weather, knowing how to keep yourself safe; here’s some hints on how to stay safe this summer.
The sunny weather is a great part of the holidays – however it shouldn’t be ignored when considering how to say safe in summer. Here are some ways to make sure you’re safe in the sunshine:
- Check the forecast before going out
- Seek shade between 11am-3pm
- Cover up – make sure to wear covering clothes
- Make sure to stay hydrated
One of the best parts of the summer is that it gives us an excuse to spend some quality time outside, if its for a dog walk, a run, or cooling off by a lake.
But being near water poses danger to us all, even confident swimmers or people not intending to get in the water.
Find out more: Learn more about river safety
Going out alone safely
Whether it’s the journey to meet friends or a time to spend with ourselves, travelling alone can sometimes feel like a big thing. But being prepared can help.
Here are some steps we can all take to boost our confidence when going out alone:
- Tell a trusted family member or friend where you’re going
- Make sure everyone knows when and where to meet
- Have a backup plan – know what to do if plans change
Instant Expert: Learn more about personal safety
Written by Work Experience student