Singing in a choir boosts your energy, is fun and helps you meet new people, learn new skills and enjoy singing together.
Young Auditors are groups of young people who look at their local offer of activities to support wellbeing and check that they are accessible, that there are enough of them and that they are of good quality. A choir group based in a local youth charity in Witney looked at joining choirs in Oxfordshire.
Here is the video that they made.
Here are some of the things being in a choir can help with
- Support from youth workers.
- To come and have fun
- To make friends.
- Build up confidence
- To take your mind off things
- Socialise more
- It’s a lot of fun and makes people happy and able to sing.
- Grow as a person with new challenges and experiences.
- Build self-esteem and courage
- Break down barriers and create good memories
- To learn life skills
- To learn patience
- To learn how to respect each other and not to judge
- To learn that you can sing naturally
- To learn technical skills
By Murat, work experience student