We all have bad days (and sometimes weeks), but that's okay - it's normal!
How can I boost my mental wellbeing?
There are lots of ways that you can boost your mental wellbeing, like these 5 Ways to Wellbeing from Mind:
- Connect - stay connected with loved ones, make plans to see them, give them a call or speak to somebody new.
- Be active - take part in regular physical exercise - this is a great way to boost your mental wellbeing.
- Take notice - you could get a new plant for your work place, take notice of how your friends are feeling or active or take a 'clear the clutter day'.
- Learn - continuing learning helps to increase self-esteem and encourage social interaction.
- Give - take time out to help others around you.
Take action: Find out more about the 5 Ways to Wellbeing.
Why am I feeling like this?
Sometimes we're unsure how we're feeling or why we're feeling a certain way. Getting out these feelings can help you to understand how you are exactly feeling, why you're feeling like that and help you to feel better. You could:
- Write down your feelings or reasons you may be feeling like this
- Draw a mind map to display your feelings
- Draw a picture which shows how your feeling
- Write a letter to yourself, telling yourself how you're feeling
If you're going through a busy time and it's causing you to feel down, creating a 'to do' list is a great way to make sure you get everything done in time, have a clearer head - being able to cross each task off is also a great way to boost your mood.
Young people should get at least 1-hours exercise everyday and this is really important because it has so many benefits, including:
- Boosting your mental wellbeing
- Keeping you fit and healthy
- Building confidence
- Helping you forget about your worries.
Instant Expert: Find out more about how much physical exercise you should be getting and ways to get moving.
Extra support is available
Sometimes self-help isn't enough and we need extra support. This is okay and there are lots of places offering support.
This short video offers some more simple ways that you can stay mentally healthy.