Careers information, advice and guidance is available to young people in Oxfordshire, aged 13–19, and those aged up to 25 with additional needs.
If you are at school, college, or sixth form, your school or college will provide you with information, advice and guidance. You can also get careers information, advice, and guidance at local open days, job fairs and events.
Crucial: You can also access information, advice and guidance right here on oxme, just click on the "chat live" button and speak to one of our advisors. Out of hours you can leave a message and we'll get back to you the next working day.
What sort of help can you get?
Advisors are there to help you:
- Find education, training, and work
- Find voluntary or personal development opportunities
- Develop your skills, especially those related to work and training
Advisors can also help you access a huge range of other advice and guidance services on other issues that may be affecting your life, such as health (including sexual health, pregnancy and problems with drugs or alcohol), being a Young Carer or if you have issues at home or are homeless.
Crucial: If you are aged 16-19, and not in employment or training, you can also get support from the EET Support Service.
The EET Support Service provides one-to-one support for young people aged 16-18 who are Not in Employment, Education or Training (NEET), and who need extra help to re-engage with learning. Support includes one-to-one phone or face to-face meetings, information and guidance, and other support to find a learning or training destination, including case work and referral on to other services where there is a need.
Not at school or college?
If you are not at school or college, you are still able to get support from the EET Support Service if you are aged 16-19 and not in employment, education or training.
You can also contact the National Careers Service.
You can also get some support right here:
- Chat online to workers 10am-4pm, Monday to Friday, leave a message out of hours
- Link up with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Sign up to our Hot Jobs newsletters
- Register your details with us to receive regular email bulletins about opportunities, courses, jobs, apprenticeships and enter our monthly competition!
- Register with the EET Support Service, if you are aged 16-19 and are Not in Education, Employment or Training and need more help to re-engage with learning