Information, Advice and Support Services

CHYPPS, the Children and Young People’s Partnership Service, provides independent information, advice, and support for young people with SEN and disabilities
A young woman stands side by side with her mum

CHYPPS (Children and Young People’s  Partnership Service) is an Oxfordshire based information, advice and support service for children and young people with special educational needs or disabilities.

If you are disabled, or if you have special educational needs, CHYPPS can give you information and advice on a range of issues.


Special educational needs and disability: The local offer

This page is suitable for all readers, but also part of the Oxfordshire Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Local Offer which collects together information, services and support for children and young people in Oxfordshire with special educational needs and disabilities and their families.

What kind of things can I get information, advice and support with?

If you are disabled, or if you have special educational needs, they can talk to you about issues to do with:

  • Education (for example, your school or college)
  • Health (for example, finding services in your local area, like physiotherapy)
  • Social care (for example, short breaks) 

If there is something that they cannot help you with, they will always try to find someone else that can help. 

How can I get in touch with CHYPPS?

There are different ways to get in touch.

  • You can call 01865 810516 between 9am – 4.30pm during the week and ask to speak to someone from CHYPPS
  • If you ring and no-one answers the phone, sometimes all the lines are busy, you can leave a message on the answer phone with your number and ask that someone calls you back
  • You can email
  • You can text 07786 524294
  • You can fill in the ‘I would like help” form and e-mail it back to CHYPPS

Instant Expert: Find out all about the support available to you and your parents from SENDIASS Oxfordshire.

Can I contact the service myself or does an adult have to do it?

You can contact your local service yourself. They might be able to give you some information, advice or support on the phone, or they might arrange to meet with you. If you want to ask someone else to contact the service for you, like a parent or carer, then that is ok too.

Take Action: For more information on CHYPPS, see the leaflet, or read the FAQ.

Your local offer belongs to you!

The Local Offer explains support available to children and young people with special educational needs and disability, and to their families. WE hope you found this page helpful. If you would like anything changed, updated or added, please use this online form.

Find out more

Leave a comment or question

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • Web page addresses and email addresses turn into links automatically.