Oxfordshire County Council Consultations

Oxfordshire County Council consults with people who live in the county. That includes children and young people. Find out how to have your say.
Girl on computer in bed

Local people have the right to have their say on how  local and district council services are planned and run and how their council tax is spent. Oxfordshire County Council (OCC) believes it is really important that all people have a say.

This includes children and young people.

Why consultation matters

Consultation helps OCC stay in touch with what local people need and want. This is especially important when they need to make difficult decisions that affect the people of Oxfordshire.

OCC always consults with users of a service. You may already have been consulted over services you use. There are always open consultations that anyone can have a say on.

Take action: If you are aged 16 or over, you can read and respond to current consultations on the Oxfordshire County Council website at https://consultations.oxfordshire.gov.uk. You will need to register.

More about Consultation

OCC follows six key consultation principles:

  • keep an open mind and run consultations in an open and honest way
  • be clear about what we are consulting on and what we will do with the findings
  • give all relevant parties the chance to have their say
  • provide sufficient time and information to enable people to engage
  • take views expressed in consultations into account when we make decisions
  • provide effective and timely consultation feedback

Consultation is just one of the ways you can have your say locally.

Instant Expert: There are lots of different ways to Have your Say. This Easy Read guide explains how you can see your councillor, raise a serious concern and more.

Talking to your Councillor

Consultations aren't the only way to get the issues that matter to you heard. There are also local Councillors.

Councillors are elected in local elections.

Your county councillor can help with questions about the council's services. They can offer advice and direct you to help. Some councillors also have regular surgeries in local communities. These are set times when you can go along and raise any issues of concern.

Take Action: Find out who your local Oxfordshire County Councillors are, and how to raise a concern.

Other Consultations

OCC is not the only organisation that has consultations locally. All the district councils have consultations, as well as other groups, like health services.

Service you are involved in, like school or sports clubs, should also involve you in how they are run. This can be done through groups, like a School Council, or individuals, like student representatives. It can also be done through surveys or questionnaires.

These are some of the places you can have your say locally:

Having your say matters. It makes sure your voice is heard by the people who make decisions, and gives you the chance to improve how things are, for you, and for other people.

Find out more

Leave a comment or question

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • Web page addresses and email addresses turn into links automatically.