Online information for all young people in Oxfordshire, including;
- Opportunity search function; online registration for additional services.
- Online registration triggering support through weekly jobs and learning bulletins
- Information about positive activities happening locally
Web-chat and helpline
Web-chat on www.oxme.info available and EET service helpline 01865 328460 during office hours to provide information about opportunities and support available.
Job Clubs, Drop-ins and Activities
Sessions run at the Children and Family Centres (previously Early Intervention Hubs and Children's Centres) across Oxfordshire offering face to face information and support (some weekly, some one-off events). Access to computers for jobseeking, signposting and researching careers and learning, as well as referral to support to tackle barriers to participation.
Support and Case Work for NEET young people
NEET young people are not in Employment are those aged 16-18 who are Not in Employment, Education or Training (up to 25 if they have an EHC plan or are Looked After). Extra support is available to these young people to support them to re-engage with learning.
This can be a one-off, a few meetings or ongoing case work depending on the needs of each young person.
Outreach to NEET Young People
For young people who are Not in Education, Employment or Training (NEET):
- 16-18 year olds who are NEET are contacted every 30 days and offered support into learning or work. This may also include support on barriers facing young people trying to get into work or learning
- Young people becoming NEET are sent an information pack explaining the support available
- All young people where we have email contact details are sent weekly emails encouraging them into learning (sign up here)
- Weekly CHOICES learning and earning drop-in sessions run in the Children & Family Centres
- Weekly social networking promotions run on our social media accounts Oxme @oxmeinfo and @oxmeinfo providing information about EET and opportunities in Oxfordshire
Support for Schools and Colleges
Support for schools and colleges to implement best practice in careers education and guidance through networking events, regular communications and sharing information about post-16 learning and employment opportunities.
- Identification of students at risk of becoming NEET and support for students at risk to remain in learning.
- Provide destination data to schools to help them improve their Careers Education and Guidance
- Weekly Bulletins to provide regular information about the local offer of opportunities
- EET Casework services can only be provided when a child has left statutory education at 16+, while a child is at school IAG remains responsibility of the school.
Full statement of service
This is a summary version of our statement of service.