Job Clubs and other support groups provide support with finding employment and training, including apprenticeships.
They can help you:
- Improve your CV, interview skills and applications
- Find and apply for jobs, training and apprenticeships
- Think about your future and career choices
Job clubs also provide support to get work ready, interviews with workers, and the chance to share tips and experiences with other people seeking work .
Take action: There is a group especially for young people aged 16-18 (up to 25 with learning difficulties or disability) from Oxfordshire. It is called CHOICES: Earning and Learning, and you can access it online every Tuesday 11am-3pm by clicking on the Live Chat button on any page on the oxme website. You can also register as a young job-seeker, search opportunities, talk to workers on webchat and sign up for our weekly hot jobs newsletter on this website at any time.
Local support for younger job seekers
- Abingdon CHOICES Earning and Learning support for young people not in education, employment or training contact Tricia on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07393 001023 or Debbie Debra.Wyvill@oxfordshire.gov.uk on 07919 298348 for support.
- Unlocking Potential and Back on Track @BYHP - phone or email only 01295 259442 / email@example.com
- Banbury CHOICES Earning and Learning support for young people not in education, employment or training contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for support
- Banbury Job Centre + can provide support for younger claimants/job-seekers - ask for the under 18 Job Coach
- Bicester CHOICES Earning and Learning support for young people not in education, employment or training - or contact Julie Bennett firstname.lastname@example.org for support
- Didcot CHOICES Earning and Learning support for young people not in education, employment or training contact
Debbie Wyvillon 07919 298348 or email@example.com for support
Oxford CHOICES Earning and Learning support for young people not in education, employment or training, referral to Back on Track and further support, call Ross on 07919 298270 firstname.lastname@example.org, Dave on 07801 62101 email@example.com or
07887 671076 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Witney CHOICES Earning and Learning support for young people not in education, employment or training phone David on 07584 481226 or email email@example.com - distance support available.
Not ready for work yet?
If you are aged 16-18 and have difficulties in your life that are making it hard for you to engage with work or learning, you can get support. Register with the EET Support Service, for help to get support to overcome problems in your life and access opportunities that are right for you.
Crucial: If you have special educational needs, disabilities or a learning difficulty, you may be worried about moving into the world of work. But there are lots of great opportunities in work, training, and more, in supportive groups that help you build skills and confidence. Workers at your local Job Centre + or young person's job club can tell you more, or you can register with the EET Support Service.