Out of learning?

Dropped out of education or had to leave? Aged 16-19, or up to 25 with learning difficulties or disabilities? Here's what you need to do:
Young chef holding a pastry

If you're aged 16-19 in Oxfordshire (up to 25 with learning difficulties or disabilities) and not in employment, education or training (NEET), or have dropped out or had to leave your job or course, support is available:

  1. Sign up to get support from the EET Support Service
  2. Register or Update your details with us so we can provide support
  3. Contact your local EET worker to find local support, job clubs, or 1-1 sessions 

All young people need to be in learning until they are 18 (Year 13). Most young people stay in school, go to college or get an apprenticeship. But some young people need more support or flexible learning options. 

There's lots of support available from all kinds of organisations, and something that will suit everyone, guaranteed. 

More about our service

The Education, Employment and Training Team is part of Oxfordshire County Council's Family Solutions Service. It provides support to young people and their families and carers where the young person is not in education, employment or training or at risk of dropping out. 

Find out more in our Statement of Service.


Posted by Helen
Posted ago

I have been advised to contact you with regards to my son.

Posted by Helen
Posted ago

Please note I have now also contacted my sons College to ask what they are doing to help him as he is presently doing nothing.

Posted by catherine thagie
Posted ago

hello i am contacting you regarding my daughter. She is 16 and has left college due to her attendance. She has recently become severely depressed and has been under the CAHMS team. I really think she now needs help in getting back into education or training but need support to do this.

Leave a comment or question

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • Web page addresses and email addresses turn into links automatically.